HISTORY OF THE BODY
The Institute of Budget Management and Administration, Nigeria is registered and Incorporated under the COMPANY AND ALLIED MATTERS ACT (CAMA) 1990 to meet the demand of industrialists numerate managers who were educated and trained to provide the financial information and controls required in the management of complex business.
There are now more than 5,000 members and over 10,000 registered students nationwide; this growth is attributed to the Institute’s dedication to its founding principles and to the general acceptance that professional planning qualification provides a highly relevant foundation for a careerin business management to the highest levels.
The Institute train and educate its members from both private and public sectors; finance and non-financial administrators in the modern way of management and control of budget.
THE INSTITUTE MAIN OBJECTIVES
- Promote and develop the science of budget management.
- Provide a professional organization for budget managers and administrators.
- Test the skill and knowledge of those wishing to enter the profession.
- Conduct research and publish the results.
- To conduct trainings, seminars, conferences, symposiums on issues relating to budget management, administration, leadership and financial management and control.
- Promote the exchange of ideas and information.
- Formulates exacting standards of competence, conduct and exercise discipline upholding the highest ethical standards.
- Specifies educational and training requirements for registered students and conducts its professional examination.
- To award deserving candidates such certificates, testimonials, conferment as may be appropriate.
- To assist organizations to achieve optimum utilization of resources, greater efficiency, higher productivity, improved services and increased profits through the application of sound budget management principles.
- Generally seeks to promote the skills of its members for economy and productivity.